A toast to you in this New Year. I started the New Year with a challenge. Re-Do You in 2011!
I will be focusing on creating a brand new you throughout this year. Beauty is only skin deep so we will create beauty inside and out this year. Make yourself a priority. This is my theme for the year.
One of the elements of the challenge was to get a new healthy regimen so lets be about it and not just talk. I'm here to do it with you and educate and guide along the way.
How do we live longer healthier lives? How do we add good years?
Here is how...Add:
- 5 years by Not Smoking let's see your teeth turn yellow, your voice gets raspy, you get winded easily, it gives you Cancer and your skin wrinkles and looks like a snake.
- 5 years for Power Foods can you say antioxidants..a handful of dark chocolate, a glass of red wine and fruit like blueberries along with veggies like broccoli. Yummy
- 4 years by Not Eating Fast Food decrease fat and cholesterol and stay heart healthy
- 3 years by Moving if you run 30 minutes 5x a week you'll live up to 4yrs longer, walk and you'll add 3.
- 3 years by Losing Fat being overweight increases your risk of death by 20-40%.
- 3 years by Eat Salmon 2x a week which is a personal fave. It lowers your risk of Alzheimer's disease and contains the Omega 3 fatty acids.
- 3 years by Getting Married according to studies, married people are happier and healthier. Why? They take care of each other. Men see the Dr. because their wives make the appt. and take them. lol
- 3 Years by HAVING SEX intercourse burns about 200 calories, which is the equivalent of 30 minutes of running! Which would you rather do :) It also cuts your risk of heart disease and stroke by 50% when you burn off these calories through sex. Endorphins make you happy.
70% of how long you live is determined by the choices you make for your lifestyle. Make good choices.
Beauty is as beauty does...